Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dodge, Burn and Filters


I used the conte crayon filter to make this hunting shack seem a little older than it is.



I used the paint brush with a very mild opacity to darken the water around the loons and then switched forground colors to white and lightened the loons themselves very slightly. The original picture seemed washed out by the glare of the water. The darkened one helps a little, I think the loons are still hard to see.

My daughter jumping off of a dock a few years ago. I again used the brush tool to darken the SUV and the trees in the background. I also darkened the dock and her skin and hair a little. I switched to white and lightened the shadows on her skin.

3 comments:

  1. Dave, You did a great job! I really like how the filter worked in the first shots. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! The first image with the conte crayon filter looks cool. You did a great job with the dodge and burn tools on the duck photo and the one with your daughter jumping off the dock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the old shack. I like black and white photos, and the croyon makes it appear to be a black and white photo. With out all the colors it makes the shack look more defined and stand out more.

    ReplyDelete