Thursday, July 1, 2010

Week 6 Landscape

I took this picture in Pennsylvania last summer. I orientated the shot like this because there was more clutter, (tractors, hay bales, and buildings) than I wanted in the picture. I liked the way the freshly mowed grass created lines and portrait mode seemed to make the picture work better.

This picture is also from last summer. It is Niagara Falls. I was on a walking path and the trees opened up and this was the view. More of a water scape but I liked the picture, I think it looks like a sink hole in a lake.

This is Wheeler Mountain, I took this picture this summer. The mountain in the distance is Mt. Pisgah.
This is Bald Hill Pond in Newark, Vt. I took the picture from my kayak one evening. I like the way Bald Hill reflects on the water.

6 comments:

  1. I like your landscape picutres. The first is my favorite. The way you took the photo, it shows such depth. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot of Wheeler Mtn, with the bright, blue, expansive sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the photo of the hay field. The rows of mowed grass add such a depth to the photo from the angle that it was taken at. I love the converging lines. The other photos are great too, especially the last one, where the reflection of the mountain is caught in the water. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the picture of Niagra Falls with the water spray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hay field is definitely my favorite. The lines are great, especially since they aren't completely straight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the last picture of bald hill. For me the reflection on the water is what makes the picture so great. I find it especially pleasing that the water is so flat with just slight ripples to distort the reflection minimally.

    ReplyDelete