Saturday, June 19, 2010

Week 4 Lighting

This is Lyndon Institue, the high school I went to in Lyndon Center. I run on the track there most mornings so I brought along the camera one day. The first photo is mid-morning as the fog is trying to burn off.
45 mins later, after my run, the fog has burned off and there is blue sky and full sun. Everything seems to be more vibrant.

This was taken at 10pm, the shutter stayed open for 1.5 seconds. I did not bring my tripod only my camera stick. It is very hard to hold still for a second and a half even with the stick.


7 comments:

  1. 1.5 seconds is an eternity when it comes to light. I think your night shot came out very well given you just had your stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, Your night shot is very clear. Nice job holding that camera still. The difference after the 45 min run was pretty amazing as well. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference in the sky in such a short period of time, the blue sky is pretty which has a whole different impact on the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the three picture of Lyndon Institue. The third picture is great of the front of the building lit up

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did very well to take that night shot without a tripod. I would not have been able to manage that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a nice job with these photos. I agree with everyone else that the third shot was definitely hard to take without a tripod. Each shot is unique. I like the second shot with the blue sky. It is amazing to see how the image changed in just 45 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that third picture is remarkably steady considering you did it without a tripod. I've tried shots like that and obtained nothing but a total blur. :)

    ReplyDelete